Cancer Support, Guidance, Information and Other Patient Resources
At Alpha Med Physicians Group, we’re committed to your health, well-being and recovery. Yet, as experienced cancer specialists, we also understand the importance of also taking care of the emotional and psychological aspects of cancer. For these reasons — and because we’re compassionate and community-based — we are dedicated to helping you and your loved ones get the support, information and assistance needed to guide you successfully through your cancer journey.
Here are some local and national resources that can help you in a variety of ways:
- Cancer Support Center – A local Chicagoland organization providing support and guidance to cancer patients, survivors and their families.
- The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) – This national network provides treatment guidelines for patients for a broad array of diseases.
- American Cancer Society – Find support and learn about making treatment decisions, coping with side effects, handling financial matters, caregiving and locating services to help manage cancer treatment recovery.
- Illinois Chapter of the American Cancer Society – Call 800-227-2345 – Your local American Cancer Society office is your source for the most relevant information to help guide you.
- CanCare, Inc. – CanCare connects cancer patients with volunteers who help guide them through the diagnosis and treatment course… free of charge.
- CancerCare – This organization provides telephone, online and face-to-face counseling, support groups, education, publications and financial and co-payment assistance… also free of charge.
- chemotherapy.com – This online resource contains helpful information on chemotherapy as well as its side effects and how best to manage them.
- RTAnswers – This website offers cancer patients being treated with radiation a wide variety of materials, including what to expect before, during, and after radiation therapy.
- Gilda’s Club – A place where people who have cancer — as well as their family and friends — can be a part of a community and find support.
- Road to Recovery Transportation Services – Road to Recovery is an American Cancer Society service program that provides transportation for cancer patients to and from their treatments.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 708-342-1900. You can also request an appointment using our easy online form on this page.