Advanced, Compassionate Treatment for Cancer in The Greater Chicago Area
“You have cancer.”
Few words are as devastating and life-changing as these. That’s why the oncologists of Alpha Med Cancer Center treat cancer from a human, community-based perspective. Because we are local to greater Chicagoland, we are able to offer a more personalized experience, such as having one doctor treat you throughout your cancer journey (vacations and sick days excepted, of course).
What’s more, Alpha Med patients are treated with genuine, heartfelt compassion and dedication. At the same time, we offer the highest standard of care, including the most advanced protocols and leading-edge methods and treatments.
Click on a treatment type below to learn more about our experienced, state-of-the-art care:
- Chemotherapy– Derived from “chemical therapy,” chemotherapy involves using tailored and tested medications to harm and eventually destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy – Radiation is a longstanding and highly effective way to harm cancer cells… with precision that reduces exposure to normal tissues and structures.
- Hematology – With board-certified expertise and experience, our doctors treat blood disorders so you can have optimal health and the best possible quality of life.
- Radiosurgery – With extreme precision, “radiation surgery” treats tumors much more accurately, permitting higher dose, fewer treatment sessions, and fewer side effects.
- Brachytherapy – Today, we’re able to treat cancer internally with tiny “seed” that are dwelled temporarily then removed, minimizing radiation exposure.
- Targeted Therapy – With genetic and molecular testing, our oncologists are able to avoid using therapies that are less likely to work and focus on using medications that will be most effective.
- Surgery – Surgery remains one of the most important methods for treating cancer, involving the removal of tumors and often used in conjuction with other treatments.
To schedule an appointment for cancer treatment in Tinley Park, Homewood, or Palos Heights, Illinois, call 708-928-5040. You can also request an appointment using the easy online form on this page.